Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Infinite?

 Hi guys and girls!

Well I haven't been writing much lately, I know. It's been like what...2 weeks?
Anyway, I have been sick for the past couple of days, actually the entire last week and it was really the worst thing that could happen, because I just started my new semester at school and I missed all of the schooldays..
The reason was that I had a 39.7 (!) fever and a harsh cold on the chest, which put me in bed/on the couch for nearly the entire day..
I guess that was my in-between-internship-and-school vacation...although not quite enjoyable.

Now that's been said, I have had some time to think about certain stuff, like we all do.
And here's an uncommon question for you.

We live in this big universe, of which the boundaries are not yet known to mankind.
I often wonder: what lies beyond? Does it ever stop? And if so, what lies beyond the galaxy?
Some say it is infinite, but..what exactly is infinite? Something cannot go on forever, can it? I've never heard of anything that goes on forever...

 Sometimes I think: this galaxy is big, but maybe it ends somewhere. what if our universe is entirely in some kind of glass globe, somewhere on some giant's table which is then in an even bigger galaxy?
How big is the universe actually? It's just mind boggling thinking about it...

That's something we cannot answer at this point in time and probably not until the extinction of man...but still it's a very fun thing to think about!

Want to share your idea of "What is beyond the universe"? Let your creativity loose on the subject and post it here in a comment!

S.P. van der Lee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;